Skip to main content

Mashed potato ham cheese spaghetti thing

HELLOOOO EVERYONE!


Today i want to share with you guys a recipe that i created just this morning. This mainly would be perfect for those with lots of leftover spaghetti, sliced cheese or whatever you have on your hands right now-that's edible, of course. For this recipe i did not have any fresh cheese or grated cheese at all, so i ended up using cheddar sliced cheese. The one that gets a little hard at room temperature? Yep! :< I also used the kind of mashed potatoes that's in a bag, the type where you gotta add water to it to get the consistency right or something. Feel free to use fresh cheese, or your own mashed potatoes..and don't expect too much, I'm just a newbie when it comes to cooking!

What you will need:
  • Mashed potatoes (you can make your own by just mashing up boiled potatoes and mixing it with milk, butter, salt etc)
  • Sliced cheese (I used cheddar)
  • Powdered cheese? (optional, i used Parmesan cheese for toppings)
  • Ham (Steamed if you'd like?)
  • Spaghetti 
  • Something to boil the spaghetti? (I used a kettle :P)
  • Microwave safe bowls
  • Microwave
  • Milk
  • Butter
If you have not cooked your spaghetti, then go ahead and do it first. While it boils you can make the other stuff.
*WARNING* I never really measured the amounts, i just eyeballed everything, Consistency is the key! image

This is REALLY EASY!
While the spaghetti is cooking, get your bowl and add in the sliced cheese. Use as many as you would like, i used three. Tear it all up into small pieces so it would be easier to mix. Next, add in about half a cup of milk, a heaping tablespoon of butter and MIX! You would realise that the sliced cheese ends up becoming weird little blobs of cheese that never seem to dissolve, and the butter stays on the milk and also does not mix. This is where the potatoes come in handy!

I did not use all of the mashed potatoes, i just scooped out some to mix with the cheese thing and stopped adding more when i reached the right consistency. Pour the mixture into a bowl with the cooked spaghetti. Tear off some ham and use it as a topping along with the powdered cheese and microwave for 30 seconds. AND YOU'RE DONE!

When i first tried it, i used too much potatoes and the potatoes ended up overpowering the taste of the cheese, but whatever i was hungry.
Hope you liked this really lame recipe! :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

I've realised something- I haven't been too honest with myself. I'm talking about feelings, thoughts, anything that comes to mind. And I haven't been honest with you, too, those on my blog right now. For those that have been reading my blog for the past almost three years, the first year was fun. Pure, innocent, a 13 year old discovering herself, basically. Second year, a tad bit more emotional and personal. A bit of a break from blogging though, and definitely improvements in my writing. Made some friends online, it was fun.
Remember that affiliates linking thing I had? And that little chat box? Unfortunately, because of my content that has evolved through the years, I removed anything that could link people to my blog. Third year, come on. I pretty much stopped blogging for half a year I think, and mainly because I've gotten busy and I stopped trusting my blog. I've been afraid, you know? So afraid of people finding out how I feel and how I think. I don'…

I'm back, for good.

It's been quite a while since i've made a proper blogpost. Not the "update" kinds or the short embarrassing stories. The real, personal ones. And, honestly, its been about three months without me actually writing and expressing myself. I am exploding. Well, don't take it literally or make it sound dirty-like, because i did. I am exploding with thoughts and emotions and everything else that makes me whole. You know that feeling? When you haven't done something that really gives you a certain feeling and some kind of content, but when you do it, its just unimaginable. It's like finally getting a word out after being locked for days, months, and to me, those three months felt like forever.


Sure, i had Twitter to back me up. I come across-and experience many weird, awkward, maybe emotional phases quite a lot, and, sure, Twitter does it. I can easily express myself in a few sentences and feel at least a bit relieved for getting something out. But it doesn'…

It's my birthday.

I just turned 16 today. Obligatory, I had to write about it. As i've said lots of times, 2016 has been so incredibly busy for me. I think, it's mostly filled with achievements. Oh, and, I just realised i had a draft third blogoversary post that still isn't completed, but lets just forget about it alright? You guys know what i've been up to, so i don't have to repeat them again. I'm 16 now. I created a bank account recently, found a job, have great friends, and i think i'm on my way to realising that a certain someone just isn't worth it anymore. I had much more to write just now, but i've kinda lost the mood a little. I think you'll understand. I'll publish this little thing and update it further on. You'll understand. Excuse the informality.